Moss Cottage Boarding Kennels in Manchester is set amidst 9 acres of moorland in Sale, Cheshire. The complete holiday home for your dog or cat to enjoy – where better than a caring place for your Best Friend/s. Moss Cottage Boarding Kennels is conveniently situated off J8 of the M60, 15 minutes from Manchester International Airport and just a short distance from Manchester City Centre. Moss Cottage Boarding Kennels is privately owned and operated by a small team of animal lovers whose main interest is to make your pet happy and comfortable during their stay. Please see below for more information on our boarding kennels and cattery in Manchester.
Moss Cottage Kennels
- We are open 7 days a week and All Year Round. Monday – Sunday 12pm-3pm. (Except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day)
- We Cater for Short & Long Term Stays (Discount for Long Stays of 14 days or more)
- Top Quality Premium Dog Food Used.
- 24 hour CCTV in Operation
- Pet Shop has food available for purchase
Cattery Opening Hours
- 7 Days a Week
- 12pm to 3pm
- (Except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day)
- Go to the Cattery Website
Boarding Kennels and Cattery Prices as 2023
- Our prices are per day or part thereof. There is a reduction for pets from the same family sharing a family kennel or cat house. Please ask at time of booking. Please note – Payment is on arrival unless full payment has been received in advance.
- Christmas Day, Boxing Day & New Year’s Day incur double fees.
- Small Dogs (eg Pom, Yorkie, Pug, Chihuahua) £20.00 per day (£21.00 per day from 1 December 2023.
- Medium Dogs (eg JRT, Westie, Cavapoo/Cockerpoo, Shitzu, Bichon, All Spaniels, Bulldogs, Frenchies) £22.00 per day (£23.00 per day from 1 December 2023)
- Large Dogs (eg All Collies, Labrador, Retriever, Boxer, Rottweiler) £24.00 per day (£25.00 per day from 1 December 2023)
- All Cats £15.00 per day (£16.00 per day from 1 December 2023)
- A non-refundable deposit (unless 1 month notice given) of £30 will be required at the time of booking except for our peak times when £50 will be required (Easter, July and August) and £100 will be required (December – Christmas and New Year).
- You will also need to upload an image of your pets up to date vaccination card showing all vaccinations and details when you complete the booking form.
- No Refunds or Credits will be given for early collection of pets
All veterinary recommended medication can be administered by our trained staff whilst your pet stays with us. If medication is required to be administered out of kennel hours (8am-6pm), then there will be a small fee of £2.00 charged per medication administered. However, should the medication during kennel hours required to be administered be time consuming or deemed difficult , then we reserve the right to make an additional small charge.
Pet Vaccination Requirements
We require that all pets boarding with us must be fully vaccinated, including the Kennel Cough vaccination and that all their boosters are up to date. All vaccinations require annual boosters.
Since the Kennel Cough bacteria can be present anywhere and can travel for considerable distances through the air, it can affect any dog… even one which never leaves its own back garden. However, kennel cough is more likely to occur when the concentration of dogs is greater, such as at a dog show, kennel, vets and other places dogs go e.g. pet shops. Dogs can also be exposed while running loose or while being walked near other dogs or playing in the park. In short, it is possible for kennel cough (canine bronchitis) to be passed on anywhere that dogs congregate.
Kennels with a rapid turnover of guests can be particularly susceptible and this is because, in a kennel, a dog encounters two conditions that do not exist at home which are the proximity to a number of potentially contagious dogs and the excitement of a less familiar environment, which can result in lowered resistance to disease. These same factors explain why children are more likely to catch the flu in school, rather than at home.
We ask that all dogs are vaccinated with the Bordatella Vaccine (which is a squirt up the nose) against the disease. It is important to understand the Bordetella vaccination used to prevent this viral disease is made from only one strain of over the 100 different strains of the virus. Thus the vaccination is not as effective against some strains as others. Some strains are not included in any of the vaccinations. Therefore, in some cases there is no prevention against Kennel Cough.
No amount of supervision, sanitation, or personalised care can prevent a dog from “catching” an airborne disease. All that we can do is to recommend immunisation against Kennel Cough. Please ask your vet for details of the vaccination, it will have to be administered at least a week before boarding and now lasts for a year so is easy to get when your dog has its annual booster.
We also refuse to take in any obviously sick dogs or any dogs that are clearly coughing. The above is for the comfort and safety of all our boarders, where a risk of cross-infection may exist.
We need to see each dog’s vaccination card or other veterinary certificate at the time of checking in for our own records.
What Moss Cottage Customers say
Regularly use these kennels for my dogs for both long and short stays, the dogs are always delighted to get there and the staff are friendly and knowledgable and always remember the quirks of my individual dogs. Would strongly recommend.
I have used these kennels for over 8 years, I have found the care of my dogs and service offered is excellent. The staff are friendly, welcoming and very knowledgeable and the kennels are clean and secure. The dogs are exercised regularly in the runs and they always come home happy and healthy. Definitely recommend them.